Friday, January 14, 2011

Disc #44: Benny Goodman (The King of Swing)



Artist: Benny Goodman
Album: The King of Swing
Released by Sugo Music & Design/ Sony Music Entertainment in 1998

This disc was mixed in with the "Cs" in my collection, so yet again we're back into the "Bs" with Benny Goodman. This album is a compilation of some of his greatest hits. This clarinetist, songwriter and bandleader is considered to be one of the most influential jazz artists of all time, especially when the popularity explosion of jazz music in the late 1930's is considered.

When I listen to this album, I feel like I could get a date with any 90 year-old woman I choose. It's just empowering that way.

Honestly, I don't know what else to say. The guy was awesome, the music is entertaining and relaxing all at the same time. If you like it, you know what I'm talking about. If you've never heard it before, you probably never will and don't care. So enough said, on THE MIKE JONES SCALE OF DISC AWESOMENESS, this album gets a solid:

5

which in my opinion is just as good, if not better than a sloppy 6.

Please join me next time as we take our last listen (hopefully) to the Bs with Disc #45: Bruno Mars (Doo-Wops & Hooligans).

2 comments:

  1. what does your wife think of this comment?

    "When I listen to this album, I feel like I could get a date with any 90 year-old woman I choose. It's just empowering that way."

    ReplyDelete
  2. She thought it was hillarious. She's lenient that way.

    ReplyDelete